This page contains documents and guidance relating to first aid. Click on the titles to download:
Quick reference first aid process flow
First Aid & Administration of Medicines Policy & Guidance valid until July 2020 – this is the college guidance on the first aid and the administration of medicines.
Once completed these forms must be sent to the safety office as soon as possible. Copies of these forms must not be taken or stored within departments.
First Aid Boxes
These should be checked regularly and the contents replenished if necessary. Use the requisitions below to request new contents.
First Aid Supply Order Form – high risk – For boxes in practical work areas such as workshops and kitchens.
First aid supply order form – low risk – For boxes in offices and staff room areas
First aid box contents lists
The college has a number of AED’s (Automated External Defibrillators) located onsite in the following places:-
- The main entrance by reception, Cliffe Building, Lewes
- Outside the sports department, Southover Building, Lewes
- Ground floor main entrance, Firle House, Lewes
- Ground floor main entrance the Performing Arts Building, Lewes
- The main reception ECAT House, Eastbourne
- Outside the first aid room ground floor, Grove House
- Ground floor eating area, by vending machines, Tyler House
- The main entrance to motor Vehicle, Hammond House
- Outside the admin office, first floor Eversley House
- Outside the admin office, well area, Kings Building
- Main entrance, Construction Centre
- The main entrance of the A Level Centre, Eastbourne
- By the fire bell, Brickwork Tent
- Main entrance, Oak House
- The Harlow Sports Centre main reception, Eastbourne
- The main reception, Newhaven
All of the AED’s are fully automatic and do not require specifically trained personnel to operate them. They ‘talk’ you through the process and will only operate if required, so there is no chance of ‘accidentally’ shocking someone or doing them any harm, but they could save a life if needed.
Please use this link to download a CPD application form for first aid training.